Jazz music, news and views

Saturday, May 26, 2007

D:O Loves the '90s!


Apologies yet again for the unannounced hiatus. A trip to Walla Walla, Washington and project deadline (which I'll draw more attention to when we have a more functional website and presence) sidelined my posting. But recently, Destination: Out reached out to their friends, writers, critics, bloggers and other jazz minds for their top ten albums from the 1990s. They graciously printed my picks, complete with my fatuous annotations. My list is definitely a bit narrow -- and is definitely "American-centric" as they suggest. I suppose my tastes have always leaned that way.

Check out all the lists to influence your album purchases for the next year. Some familiar names of ears we trust include Etnobofin, Soundslope, Steve Smith, Gary Giddins and Nate Chinen. Also see the musicians' picks from Darcy James Argue, Taylor Ho Bynum and Vijay Iyer. Make new friends! And drop by D:O often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker