Jazz music, news and views

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Fred Dalton Thompson for 2008?


When worlds collide...

My impressions might be best encapsulated by this exchange between Sam Waterston's and Elizabeth Rohm's characters. At the beginning of "Law and Order"'s 13th season, they discuss the incoming DA Arthur Branch (played by Thompson):
Jack McCoy: Nice fella.
Serena Southerlyn: And his politics?
Jack McCoy: ...Nice fella.
And I'll close with a quote from Thompson himself: "After two years in Washington, I often long for the realism and sincerity of Hollywood."

2 Comments:

  • At 3/13/2007 2:14 PM, Blogger James Aslaksen said…

    I loved him on Law & Order (and in his brief-but-memorable role in The Hunt for Red October, largely for giving us the line, "Russians don't take a dump, son, without a plan"), but the more I read about his politics the less I like him.

     
  • At 3/13/2007 5:31 PM, Blogger Kellen said…

    Haha, yes! I do remember that line now that you mention it.

    Thanks for dropping in, as usual, James.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker